Smooth roads ahead

 It’s been a long long time since my last post.


In that post I had gone for my first post op checkup.


A lot has changed in over two years.


We are settled in our home that we purchased during my surgery and healing.


And my hearing... with several tests after, I am happy to report that my hearing has immensely improved and that I only have minor permanent  loss. 


Two years later and I still get emotional over the joy that I can hear rain, car tires and the leaves blowing.


That was probably the biggest change to get used to. In the early days of recovery I would look at my husband and be shocked that I was hearing those things. Those sounds which my husband never knew other wise were for me a HUGE deal! My brain felt like it was waking up! Almost like a sensory overload.


Fast forward a bit now and I’m used to most of it. I look back now and am shocked at the road I traveled. The jaw, the tubes, the hearing loss, the TMJ, all of it!


For my husband, doctors and insurance (my steady job) , I am grateful. For a life with SOUND, I am grateful.


Though my days as a music therapist are now different (I currently only practice two hours a week due to my promotion), I am feeling nothing but gratitude. The other lesson that came from this was vulnerability! Check out Brene Brown. Her books have changed my life and have made me come to terms myself as a human. I own my truth, I own my flaws and I whole heartedly embrace them. For they are what make me human and a person that continues to seek growth and change.


Not losing sound.... gaining life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Week Post Revision Update