New Road Ahead...........

And here we go! I have a date for my tongue tie removal. I'll be heading in September 9th! Everything happened very quickly. I just completed my second speech therapy session and am noticing some minor changes. I can see the challenges that will face me. My body will have a lot of work ahead to revert from the familiar use with the facial, tongue, neck and jaw movements. 

Some Exciting Prospects

Decreased anxiety, decreased TMJ pain, possibility in stabilization for my hearing, less pressure on my joints and PLAYING MY SAXOPHONE AGAIN! :) 

In my first blog, I discussed the sadness of losing my hearing and the ability to use my saxophone. Any musicians and or parents reading this can identify, after having kids and other issues that take you away from you art form and or hobbies are hard! I've gone through so many times of finding my identity as my art form has stayed in the background. I'm making it a priority after I get through the rough part of the revision to play my saxophone again. How often I have I forgotten about how much joy and escape that beautiful horn has provided me for 23 years. As a music therapist, I find it even harder to make it a priority. All day I am helping clients create music. Most days I just want to listen to music or accept any form of silence I can (really hard with a 4 and 1 year old!). But, I'm finding this new chapter to be exciting in so many ways. I sincerely hope that some one reading this may benefit or feel that 

you are not alone. 
You are not alone if you have symptoms that you and or a doctor don't understand.
You are not alone if you are losing your hearing.
You are not alone if you are in pain.
You are not alone if you are a caretaker and have difficulty doing things such as the music I mentioned for yourself.
But, I encourage you..... KEEP GOING! Keep believing! Keep reading! Keep reaching out! I am on this path because so many people spoken. I am on this path because I won't give up. 

That's it for now... I'm feeling inspired, encouraged and HOPEFUL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Week Post Revision Update