The Next Turn.........


Hi everyone!
Thank you for those of you that reached out after my first blog. I appreciate your kind words and support very much. I'm really hoping that some one through this blog may learn something and benefit from it.

Update!!
After much debate and consideration due to the 1.5hr drive each way from my work and home to the speech and myofunction therapist, I did finally have my evaluation 2 weeks ago. It lasted 2hrs and was very comprehensive. I basically learned that my symptoms are pretty severe due to the ties. She discussed my muscle fatigue in my TMJ due to the overcompensation of the muscles. She was surprised at my ability to play my woodwind instruments and sing. She also highlighted some issues with my jaw being too small and not being aligned. Apparently there is as doctor who has finally pieced symptoms together such as mine and has found that it is due to jaw size and positioning. She recommended later that I consult with an ALF dentist for a device that may be able to expand my jaw up to 8mm. She also recommended that I get a sleep study.

I think for now I will just focus on the ties, before care and after care. I'm looking at 12 steady weeks of work with weekly sessions and it may take up to a year before I see the full results of the removal.

Speaking of the ties, I appreciate my insurance, but ugh! I spent the better part of my free time on breaks working on finding out why my insurance hadn't contacted me regarding my approval for out of network benefits. After 3 calls, I found out they changed their procedure for it and in all of it, it just delays the removal of the ties until I get the approval. Hopefully in the next week I will know their decision.

In the last blog I had thought about posting some helpful links for those of you going through some of my symptoms.

HELPFUL Information for help with TIES

First, if you are on Facebook, please request to join the Tongue Tied Adults Support Group. They have a PREFERRED PROVIDER list that is very important. If you are on the East Coast, Dr. Scott Siegel is our doctor for the revisions and he is AWESOME!! You can read about him at:

www.drscottsiegel.com

For a Myofunctional Therapist, see this site:

https://aomtinfo.org/myofunctional-therapy


For Tie information for all ages:

http://tonguetie.net/consequences/



______________________________

And as far physical health, I've just come out of a bad flare. My hearing seems to be steady and my joints have been less tired. I'm thinking some of this may be due to the fact that emotionally I am feeling relieved that I will be getting help.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1 Week Post Revision Update